3Dio Support Forum

Welcome to our new forum! If you have a question, we've got an answer.
Login to post a new question or topic.

RodeCaster Pro + Free Space Pro II Binaural Microphone Setup

• Hello,

I bought RodeCaster pro for my Free Space Pro II Binaural Microphone, but it doesn't create a stereo sound. I conneceted it with XLR cables to two channels. 

And the issue is that there's no stereo sound. If I'm talking to the right or left ear, the person on the other end hears it with both of their ears when it should be one sided

Please Help!

Help!

• Audio Wizard
    Staff member

Hi @Nerijus G,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The reason you're not getting a stereo binaural mix (left ear isolated to the left headphone, right ear isolated to the right headphone) is because the individual channels are centered by default. I did some research online and unfortunately I was unable to find much information about panning individual channels on the Rodecaster Pro.

However, I did find this video below. This user was able to use 3rd party software to get the individual channels panned. They don't dive into the details until around 08:15: https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=178128517507242

I would recommend reaching out directly to RODE to see if this option is available natively on the mixer.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care