3Dio Support Forum

Welcome to our new forum! If you have a question, we've got an answer.
Login to post a new question or topic.

how to livestream to tiktok?

• Hi I want to buy this to livestream to tiktok as well as make youtube videos.  I saw your video on using Irigpro

but I saw another video for Irig stream. I'm confused which one I need. Also, your video didn't say anything about livestreaming , just recording. So will it work for livestreaming?  

I have an android phone which I will use to livestream to tiktok and not sure which product I need to do ASMR live.  Also can you recommend accessories for stand/tripod? I want my hands free.

• Audio Wizard
    Staff member

Hi @Chimney Cakes,

Thank you for the question!

In order to Livestream via TikTok, you need to have a minimum of 1,000 followers. Unfortunately, our 3Dio Tiktok account doesn't have enough followers to test this out ourselves. However, I was able to find this post on Quora regarding a livestream using a Blue Yeti microphone, which is a stereo microphone: https://www.quora.com/Can-you-live-stream-on-TikTok-using-a-blue-Yeti-mic-If-so-how. Keep in mind, this post is specific to desktop streaming and not via a mobile device. We were unable to find an answer to your specific question regarding Tiktok livestreaming in stereo on an Android device. We've searched Tiktok's help center regarding stereo streaming and there is no information available.

There is a possibility that combining your Android device with the iRig Pro Duo may result in a stereo livestream, but we cannot confirm that ourselves. If you're unable to accomplish a stereo livestream with the iRig Pro Duo, I don't believe it is possible at this time. The iRig Pro Duo would be your best option to get the Android to capture a stereo external microphone.

I'm so sorry, I wish I was able to provide a better answer for you.

Best regards,

~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care

• So even though there is an iRig Stream, you still recommend the iRig Pro Duo?  Thanks so much! You guys are getting so famous !

• Audio Wizard
    Staff member

Hi @Chimney Cakes,

That is correct. The RCA inputs for the iRig Stream require a line-level input, like what you would get from an aux cable from your phone or the headphone output of a stereo system. The 3Dio is a microphone with a microphone-level output, so it is a much quieter signal. Most microphones have microphone-level output, which is pretty standard in the industry.

Here is a post about line-level vs. mic-level: https://3diosound.com/community/forum/topic/27159/what-is-the-difference-between-mic-level-and-line-level-signals

The iRig Pro Duo will boost the mic-level signal from the 3Dio to a line-level signal. So when you connect the iRig to your phone, it is receiving an audible signal that can then be used to record (or hopefully stream) to TikTok, IG, FB, etc.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care

• You still advocate for the iRig Pro Duo despite though there is an iRig Stream, right?  Thanks so much!

• Audio Wizard
    Staff member

@heathcote heathcotegeo,

Yes, we still recommend it for the reasons mentioned in the last post. The iRig stream isn't designed for stereo microphone inputs, therefore the iRig Pro Duo is still best suited to pair with a 3Dio when streaming or recording into a smart phone or tablet.

Thanks!

~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care