3Dio Support Forum

Welcome to our new forum! If you have a question, we've got an answer.
Login to post a new question or topic.

Low sound in audacity and 1 ear not working

• Hi ! I finally got around to start using the FS series mic recently and the 3.5mm cable that came with

the mic keeps falling out and is not very secure in the hole. A small pull will pull it out. Also 1 ear is not

recording at all , sometimes if I play with the cable it comes back for a bit but goes away again so I think it's the cable or the connection hole . Is there supposed to be some thing between the cable and the hole? I feel that it shouldn't be like this. The volume is very low in audacity and I have to turn it up

• Audio Wizard
    Staff member

Hi @Chimney Cakes,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear the cable keeps falling out and that only one ear is recording. I'm happy to help troubleshoot.

First, can you describe your audio setup?
    Was the microphone working properly when you received it?
    What equipment are you plugging the microphone into?
    What are the settings on the device you’re connecting to the 3Dio?
    Are there any adapters in use?

Feel free to post pictures or a video of your audio setup if that’s easier.

Regarding the cable falling out, is the microphone on a stand or are you handling it without a stand?

Any other information you can provide would be helpful.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
    ~Brian

• Thanks Brian,

I got the mic months ago, at least half a year. Never used it before. I got my scarlett 2i2 a few days ago and on the first day when i did a test recording with it looked like it worked although i have been having issues with the cable from the beginning. It either comes out too easily or even falls out on its own that happened before too. 

The second day i did a full recording and after listening back it looks like the signal keeps cutting in and out beceause some parts of the recording are very low and other parts are normal sound lelvel. 

Third day I tested out again why that happened i got a good normal signal from the left ear and the right one doesn't work at all. I tried unplugging it and back many times, and there were a couple of times when the right ear worked for a few seconds but ultimately whatever i do now it's not working at all.

I only use the scarlet 2i2 with the mic with the gain turned a little lover than half way. I don't use any adapters. I use the with with a stand or just handheld. I have a video but I don't know how to attach it here.

• Is it supposed to look like this?

• Audio Wizard
    Staff member

Hi @Chimney Cakes,

Thank you for the information and the image.

Have you tried replacing the internal 9V battery? If the battery level is low, the volume output will be low and/or one of the ears may cut out.

Here are instructions for replacing the battery: https://3diosound.com/community/forum/topic/22340/my-fs-microphone-stopped-working-what-do-i-do

You also might need a new cable. Please reach out to us directly at customercare@3diosound.com and we can arrange a replacement cable for you.

Let me know if that doesn't fix the problem and we can continue troubleshooting.

Best regards,
    ~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care

• I bought a new cable but had the same problem but I tried the old cable and now it works. But the problem is that both cables fall really easily out of the hole in the mic. So it is a very loose connection I think. Do I need some kind of adapter or is the fitting on the hole not very good? 

A gentle tug will pull the cable out or loosen it to where it won't work properly. both the old cable and the new cable are that way with this mic

• I can pull very gently with 2 fingers and it will completly pull out of the mic

• I will try replacing the battery and if that still doesn't work, can you guys take a look at my mic ? I have 2 cables that I've tried and both pull out easily so I think the hole where the cable goes is something wrong like a defect. 

• changed the battery and it worked!