3Dio Support Forum

Welcome to our new forum! If you have a question, we've got an answer.
Login to post a new question or topic.

Question Omni pro and zoom routing

• So I am trying to figure out how to do the routing of the Omni pro and the zoom f8n. Do I need ambisonic mode for this?

I have never used this and do ASMR videos, usually with 2shotgun or condenser mics which is pretty straight forward.

I'm thinking I can't do ambisonic audio in davinci resolve so looking for another option to edit my videos with the audio.

I have the splitter cables in all 8 inputs. But like when I unplug the ones on the right side and back of the Omni pro, i get the sound from the left and right sound in my ears and final recording. So I'm confused on the whole routing and how to get it right. Is there a manual anywhere?

• Audio Wizard
    Staff member

Hi @Ann Van Den Broeck,

Thank you for your question.

The Omni Pro model is specifically designed for VR audio capturing and is intented to be paired with a 360° camera.

We offer two solutions for integrating 8-channel binaural audio into your VR workflow.

#1-Panning Script for Unity (C#)
    The first solution is a simple panning script developed for Unity (C#). This can be found in the ‘OmniController.cs’ file in the link below. To add the sound recorded from the Omni to your VR video, you will need to implement an audio controller script within your player app. You can find the example code in the Dropbox link below, in the form of a Unity script (the link includes example files you can use). Please keep in mind that this script can easily be ported to any other language. The script simply plays 4 of the 8 Omni binaural tracks in sync, and then adjusts the volume of each based on the user's head azimuth rotation angle. The user will only be hearing a blend of 2 of the 4 tracks at any given time. The script crossfades between the Omni binaural tracks using an equal power crossfade algorithm.

The download also includes some example Omni binaural tracks to test with. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ix3e5jtwfloeecn/airfield.zip?dl=0

#2 Ambix Plugin for Reaper DAW
    The second solution is an Omni binaural to Ambix plugin for the Reaper DAW. The workflow document (in the link below) explains how to record omni-binaural 360º audio and demonstrates how to convert those recordings to a standard ambisonics format using a plugin for Reaper. We’ve also included the code for the plugin. Just simply follow the instructions in the workflow document to install the plugin to your computer.

Ambisonics Workflow: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/08iomwi9fjfpre4/AAATL33FFfSDakTp28-JjnjMa?dl=0

I hope this information helps. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions.

Best,
    ~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care

• Thanks! However I cant click the download for 3Dio Omni-Binaural to Ambisonic plugin

• Audio Wizard
    Staff member

Hi @Ann Van Den Broeck,

Apologies about that. I've uploaded a copy of the script in this folder here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l4s8mkcr5qz0r42/AADLYz2_-csbD8zAugVXycM3a?dl=0

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care