3Dio Support Forum

Welcome to our new forum! If you have a question, we've got an answer.
Login to post a new question or topic.

Got no sound from my new 3Dio FS

• Hello,

I have some issues with the 3Dio FS I received today.

I tried it on my Focusrite Scarlet Solo and got no sound from the 3Dio FS but only interferences.

I changed the gain, bought a new battery and replaced it, tested my Focusrite XLR on another microphone to see if the device was the problem but it worked, checked that the power was ON but nothing worked.

I really don't know what to do now, have you any idea of what can be the problem? 

Any help would be really appreciated,

Thank you,

Pinel O

• Audio Wizard
    Staff member

Hi @Océane Pinel,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the microphone. I'm happy to help troubleshoot.

First, the Focusrite Scarlet Solo is not compatible with a 3Dio. The Scarlett solo is designed for mono instruments and/or applications. The 3Dio is a stereo microphone and therefore requires two identical inputs, which the Scarlett solo does not offer.

We recommend the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface. It contains two identical combo 1/4"/XLR inputs. Simply plug the cable that came with the microphone into the two inputs and connect the other end of the cable to the 3Dio. Turn the power switch of the 3Dio to the ON position and you should be set.

There are step by step instructions for how to connect the microphone to a 2-channel audio interface in the product manual.

You can also check out tutorial videos on our YouTube channel here.

I hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,
    ~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care

• Hi,

Thank you so much for your help and your quick answer, I will change my Focusrite then !

Have a nice day,

Kind regards

Pinel O