3Dio Support Forum

Welcome to our new forum! If you have a question, we've got an answer.
Login to post a new question or topic.

Lost sound in left side of microphone

• I woke up this morning and discovered there was no sound coming into the left ear capsule of my 3Dio FS any more! It worked without issue last night.

My set up is:

3Dio FS (non-XLR) connected to a Scarlett 2i2 and that plugs into my PC. I have been using this setup without issue since I received the microphone in February of 2022.

I changed the battery already for troubleshooting purposes with no resolution.

I rebooted my PC with no resolution.

Talking into the right capsule produces normal audio in audacity and lights up the right side port on the Scarlett 2i2. Talking into the left capsule produces no audio at ALL. Not even faint audio.

I swapped the connectors on the Scarlett 2i2 and spoke into the right capsule, which then proceeded to light up the left side port of the Scarlett and produce audio on the left channel in audacity, as expected.

The left capsule continues to produce no audio in this instance. I believe that my testing indicates that the point of failure is on the microphone itself.

I'm not sure where else to go from this point, I think the left capsule may be entirely dead. 

Thank you for your time.

• Audio Wizard
    Staff member

Hi @Olivia Crowley,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear your microphone isn't working properly.

We appreciate you describing all of the troubleshooting efforts. You went through many of the steps we would propose to any customer experiencing the same issue.

Most likely, it is a component on the internal circuit board that is the cause for a failed channel and not the microphone capsule itself. The only way we can know for sure is to take a look inside.

In either case, we'd like to get your microphone back up and running ASAP. Please email us at customercare@3diosound.com and we can arrange a repair or a replacement for you.

Thank you,
    ~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care