3Dio Support Forum

Welcome to our new forum! If you have a question, we've got an answer.
Login to post a new question or topic.

Foam inside of left ear has fallen off.

• Hi everyone!

I was wondering what to do if the foam inside of my left ear has fallen off? I'm nervous about using it. I also see a lot of people using slime and I was wondering how people don't break the microphone by doing so? Looking forward to others responses.

Thanks!

• Audio Wizard
    Staff member

Hi @Lilyanne Metcalfe,

Thank you for your question.

The black foam cover of the capsule is to keep dust & debris from getting inside the microphone capsule. This cover is applied by our capsule manufacturer during the assembly process. Unfortunately, a cover can not be re-applied once the capsule is installed due to risk of compromising the sensitive diaphragm inside. The only way to fix this is to replace both capsules of the mic. Both capsules need to be replaced at the same time to ensure they are matched for sensitivity and voltage (identical output volume).

The microphone is completely safe to use without this cover. We simply recommend that you exercise caution to ensure nothing gets inside the capsule.

We realize that many customers apply liquids, foams, gels, creams, slime, etc to the ears, however we do not recommend this.

If you wish to have the capsules replaced, the cost is $80 USD + shipping. Simply reach out to us on our contact form to start the process.

I hope this info helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
    ~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care