If your FS microphone starts to generate a static-like sound or one of the ears no longer provides audio, the battery may be dead. All FS series microphones have an internal 9V battery that is used to power the capsules when the power switch is in the ON position. When this battery is dead, the microphone will no longer function.
To change the battery, you'll need a new 9V battery and a standard phillips-head screwdriver.
1) Turn the power switch to 'Off'.
2) Unscrew the 4 black screws from each corner on top of the microphone chassis.
3) Remove the lid and replace the battery.
4) Replace the lid and the screws.
5) Turn the power switch to 'On' and re-test.
If that doesn't fix the problem, be sure to check the settings on the device you have the microphone plugged into. If you're recording/streaming into a computer, check the software settings and the computer audio hardware configuration.
If you still are having issues, please reach out to us here.