3Dio Support Forum

Welcome to our new forum! If you have a question, we've got an answer.
Login to post a new question or topic.

New 3Dio FS not working properly

• Hello, 

I am trying to troubleshoot my new 3Dio FS to work with my computer. 

I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. 

When I plug everything in, the Focusrite does not pick up any signal (the lights on both inputs never turn green indicating that sound is being picked up) even with the gain turned all the way up. I tried two differet TRS/TS splitter cables, and it doesn't work with either, so I'm confident its not that the cords are messed up. I used the Focusrite with my XLR mic, and it worked properly. 

I don't know if its my 3Dio that is messed up, or possibly my TS cable input on my Focusrite? 

I went ahead and tried recording in my audio software. If you increase the volume signficiantly, you can slightly hear what I'm saying into the mic but its deluded by tons of noise at that point. Its not recording properly. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you, 

Sarah Beth 

• Hi @Sarah Steagall,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting a good signal into the Scarlett 2i2.

First, can you confirm the power switch on the 3Dio is in the ON position?

Second, have you tried replacing the 9V battery inside the 3Dio? If the battery level is low, it will not properly output a signal.

Here's a short tutorial video for recording/streaming into a computer using a similar audio interface: https://youtu.be/D_X6fF4R9qw

Let me know if that still doesn't fix the issue and we can continue troubleshooting.

Best regards,

~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care

• I replaced the battery and that worked. 

Thank you!